With its numerous shopping districts and wide array of inexpensive products, Kuala Lumpur is a haven for many shopaholics, local or foreign alike. From electronics to fashion items, you’ll find them all in Kuala Lumpur. And that is what makes shopping in Kuala Lumpur thoroughly enjoyable, the fusion of all things classic and modern: handicrafts and gadgets, timeless pieces and ultra trendy items, and Malaysian batik fabrics and modern-day soft furnishings.
If you’re visiting Kuala Lumpur, don’t be limited to visiting cultural attractions. Do go out and visit one of its best offerings: the shopping district. The following are some of the best shopping destinations in Kuala Lumpur that are worth checking out.
- Central Market. Here you can find a number of novelty stores selling handicrafts, antiques, ethnic jewelry and all kinds of work by local artists. The place was used as a wet market before, but now it houses all kinds of stuff you won’t usually find in the mall. It’s a great place to shop for gifts you can bring back home with you.
- Petaling Street. Located in the Chinatown area, this is the place to head to if you’re looking for imitation handbags, watches, clothes, cosmetics and even accessories. Shop for yourself or for your loved ones back home. Haggling is absolutely OK.
- Berjaya Times Square. This is one of the latest shopping complexes in the city, with over 1,000 shops selling hip urban clothing, gadgets, electronics and many others. It has an indoor theme park called Cosmo’s World. It also houses an IMAX theatre and boutiques of some of the world’s famous designers. It’s located near a railway station, making it convenient for all shoppers in commute.
- Bintang Walk, KL. At the Bintang Walk, there are shops and shopping complexes selling the trendiest clothes you’ll find nowhere else. The Bintang Walk in Kuala Lumpur is one of the major shopping districts in the city where branded clothes as well as inexpensive, chic and fashionable clothing can be found. You can also shop for electronic gadgets, jewelry, cosmetics, accessories and many others. Some of the shopping stores and centers include StarHill, Pavilion KL, Lot 10, Fahrenheit 88, Bukit Bintang Plaza and Sungei Wang Plaza.
- The Suria KLCC Shopping Complex. Located at the foot of the Petronas Twin Towers, the KLCC is the ultimate shopping destination for shopping in Kuala Lumpur. This shopping center caters to all kinds of shoppers. Shop for fashionable clothes, watch a movie in the big screen, hone your artistic tendencies, develop your cultural sense, try a local delicacy or enjoy international cuisines. These are all possible at the complex.
- Low Yat Plaza Shopping Mall. Rated as the best place for electronic and gadgetry shopping in Kuala Lumpur, the Low Yat Plaza Shopping Mall is the best place to go to for any of your electronics and technology needs. For the best price in cameras, computers, cellular phones and all kinds of media devices, you won’t regret visiting the place.